Cooking with Flax Seed Oil
Never use flaxseed oil in cooking; add it to foods after they have been heated.
Tips For Preparing Flax Seeds:
Grind flax seeds in a coffee or seed grinder in order to enhance their digestibility and therefore their nutritional value. When cooking with the oil, if adding ground flax seeds to a cooked cereal or grain dish, do so at the end of cooking since the soluble fiber in the flax seeds can thicken liquids if left too long.
A Few Quick Serving Ideas:
1. Sprinkle ground flaxseeds onto your hot or cold cereal.
2. Add flaxseeds to your homemade muffin, cookie or bread recipe.
3. To pump up the nutritional volume of your breakfast shake, add ground flax seeds.
4. To give cooked vegetables a nuttier flavour, sprinkle some ground flaxseeds on top of them.
5. Add a tablespoon of flaxseed oil to smoothies.
See also Flax Seed Meal or Flax Seed Recipes